This trash can is the perfect size for the break room in our small, nursing home facility. I had previously purchased a more expensive, metal trash can with a lid, but it quickly broke due to overuse this trash can is open and large enough to accommodate our busy area.
The can is nice looking and seemingly sturdy, but the wind blows it over with ease. I think i may need to weigh it down with something.
I was expecting it to be a little bigger but overall i am satisfied with its looks and utility.
Key specs for Safco Products Canmeleon Outdoor/Indoor Open Top Pentagon Trash Can 9485BL, Black, Five Fluted Panels, 30-Gallon Capacity:
- BLENDS IN NATURALLY. Canmeleon Outdoor/Indoor Open Top Pentagon Trash Can features five fluted panel sides with a molded plastic open top to create an attractive value-priced receptacle that beautifies your business while keeping it clean and litter free.
- OUTDOOR/INDOOR USE. Molded from high-density polyethylene with UV inhibitors, this attractive waste container performs well in both outdoor and indoor conditions. Telescoping base hides liner bag and includes a recessed bottom for easy maintenance.
- ANCHOR IN PLACE. For weather resistance and to prevent vandalism, bottom of weather-resistant trash container can be fastened to the pavement or weighted with sand or paving bricks.
- HANDS-FREE DISPOSAL. Open top lets you discard waste without touching the lid, which may help reduce the spread of germs.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS. Finished dimensions: 18″W x 18 1/2″D x 28 3/4″H. Weight: 10 lbs. Capacity: 30 gallons. Top opening: 9 1/2″.
Comments from buyers
“Looks Good and sturdy
, Very nice “waste receptacle” for high-traffic break room
, Great solution
Lightweight but sturdy enough. Fits together well and holds a great amount.
Great product i will buy another one.
Though it is sturdy, the shape and top make it difficult to put trash in.
Very nice looking and strong.
Nice and sturdy,fast delivery.
Definitely will purchase again.
Have had for a month and so far holding up very well. Very lightweight so i did weigh it down with a bunch of rocks inside and it is working perfectly.
For our situation in our kitchen, it’s perfect. The opening on top lets you just toss things in, the pets can’t get at it, and it holds 30 gallon trash bag.
Works and looks fine, just not as big as i was thinking.
It is shorter in height than i thought it would be. Otherwise looks good and works well. The shipping, however, is a different story. For some reason it amazon thought it was okay to ship it by usps. Since i work in a large building something of that size couldn’t be delivered and we had to go to the post office to pick it up (it didn’t fit in our mail box or package bin). That is not what i pay for prime shipping to do. I am very disappointed in this action.
The receptacle is a good replacement for the older trash cans we had been using. Slightly shorter and certainly more attractive in our lobby than the ones we previously used. The lid hides the trash from view and it is easy to replace the bags each evening.
It would be nice if there was a lid, but works perfectly.